This is a complete collection of firmware for HTC U12 +. All firmware below is the latest version of each Mid ID by region.
To know Mid ID and correct model information, please put the device into fastboot mode and enter the command:
fastboot getvar all
htc_imedugl: 2Q5510000, EMEA/Aisa TW/RUS/SEA India Dual-SIM
htc_imedtwl: 2Q5530000, CHINA, Dual-SIM
htc_imeuhl: 2Q5520000, EMEA/US Ulocked, Single-SIM
RUU FIRMWARE ROMs work Debirck HTC, bring HTC 12+ to factory status, original installation status. And below is the entire ROM list for the latest HTC U12 + I have:
Drive Link : twrp-3.2.3-3-ime-unofficial.img
AFH Link: TWRP_Imagine Folder
Password Unzip For All: UNLOCKTUXA.COM
All RUU FIRMWARE versions for HTC U12 + above are released for free. However, you need to equip yourself with the necessary knowledge about uploading rom / flash htc firmware. Here I have a table of errors, you can base on this error table to fix problems if they arise.
For Error “7 RU_CID_FAIL” do:
– Make your phone have SuperCID (htc_fastboot oem writecid 11111111)
– Or: edit android-info.txt inside the zip to have your phone’s CID in its list
For Error “10 RU_MODELID_FAIL” do:
– check that the Model ID in android-info.txt matches your phone’s Model ID.
Typically, making your phone “SuperCID” makes it ignore CID and MID mismatches alike. However, lately we have noticed HTC has changed that behavior. MID mismatches are not ignored by SuperCID anymore. You will need to unzip my firmware package, change the MID in there to your MID and rezip it. Or, alternatively, change your phone’s MID, which is a bit trickier.
To un- and re-zip, please refer to Post #5 of this thread for more information!)
For Error 12 “signature fail” do:
– might indicate that a signed firmware package is required. This would only happen with S-ON phones though.
For Error 22 “RU_HEADER_ERROR” do:
– verify that you followed my zipping instructions exactly. If a correct zip is given (e.g. you get this error with one of my zips as well), we will need further information to work out what happened. This means a complete log and step-by-step post of what you did. Best just copy and paste the full console window contents so we can take a look.
For Error 23 “parsing image fail” do:
– change image names in the zip to stock image names like “hboot.img” or “radio.img” or whatever failed there….
For Error 24 “android-info fail” do:
– check that your ZIP isn’t some HTC OTA or anything that’s got no android-info.txt – those cannot be flashed with “htc_fastboot flash zip nameof.zip” command.
– check that your zip has a good MD5 and is not broken, check android-info.txt etc…
For Error 32 “header error” do:
– Make sure there is only one . (dot) in the filename, before the extension. Fastboot reads anything after the first dot it sees as the extension. If that is not zip, it fails.
– See Error 22.
For Error 33 “Update fail” do:
– Try other flashing modes, such as “SDCard method” or direct bootloader-flashing (only available for images named in “partition-info” file inside the firmware zip) if Fastboot Method fails.
– If all modes keep failing, validate image integrity with someone else who was able to flash successfully (MD5 Hash Sum compare).
– [UPDATE] Re-try to flash the image again and again, even for days. Maybe power it down completely for a night, then try again. It might eventually flash again. If you notice stuff in your phone failing again after it was actually fixed (like Sensors again not working if it was Sensor_Hub.img that didn’t properly flash initially, like if the symptoms come back after you fixed the flash), you might have a hardware damage rather than a broken software.
– Send it in for warranty! Should we find a “soft” solution, I will update this piece of info.
For Error 42 “Wrong Customer ID” and: 41 “Wrong Model ID” do:
htc_fastboot getvar all
Read that output, take note of your CID and MID and then edit the “android-info.txt” in your firmware.zip accordingly (For Wrong MID change the MID in the text, for wrong CID add your CID to the text).
Alternative method for MID and CID errors:
go SuperCID. Do:
htc_fastboot oem writecid 11111111
You can change back to any desired CID after a successful firmware flash. Notice: this command only works on S-OFF phones (which you have already of course or else you wouldn’t be here).
For “pre-update FAIL 90 …” do:
– Let the phone reboot itself into Download Mode. If it doesn’t boot to download mode, force it back there (From Android with adb reboot download or with the button method, see “step 1”).
– If the flash does not auto-resume, run the same flash command again which you just ran (press arrow up on your keyboard to get to the previous command in console)
For “Error 99 UNKNOWN” do:
– Check with other zip’s if they work!
– Check if your S-OFF is correct
– You are S-ON? Then almost definetely this means the ZIP is not signed – get an unmodified zip!
For “Error 130 wrong model ID” do:
– Please refer to Error Code 41/42.
For “Error 155 relock bootloader” do:
– Since my thread works only with S-OFF phones anyway, this error can be read as: you need to S-OFF first!
– Error 155 can mean that you need SuperCID. On a few occasions this was shown when the RUU refused to run because of a wrong region lock.
– Error 155 also sometimes occurs when a RUU was launched from within Android. When encountering a RUU error 155 with the process stalling after the rebootRUU (stuck at black screen with silver HTC logo), please just restart the RUU and leave the phone in that mode, or reboot the phone, then reboot to bootloader, then do “htc_fastboot oem rebootRUU” and then launch the RUU again.
– run the fastboot command “htc_fastboot oem lock” – only applies to S-ON phones that want to update the firmware with a stock OTA package (not offered on this thread!!). Stock OTA files sometimes need a locked bootloader.
For “Error 170 Check USB” do:
– Sometimes shown when running a RUU. Indicates issues with drivers. One way to solve is to run the ARUWizard with the phone already in Fastboot mode. Else you will have to re-install HTC Sync manager. Also, avoid USB 3 ports (the blue ones) – they have a complete new driver stack and that still doesn’t always as expected.
For “Error 171 USB” do:
How to fix RUU error 171 on Windows 10×64 easily. System: Win 10 Redstone (1607) x64 with Intel based USB3.0 and USB2.0 ports:
Sync Manager from HTC Website
Download the attached file Fastboot.reg.txt and change the extension to Fastboot.reg.
Right click on the Start button and choose Command Prompt (admin). Then type “regedit” and press enter.
Go to File > Import > choose Fastboot.reg.
NOT safe to reboot / Flash (partly) happened Errors (if you encounter one of them, DON’T reboot):
For “Error 152 Image Error” do:
– Error 152 is quite rare, have seen it only once with a friend’s phone and it aborted the flash nearly at the end. The flash was started by the FUU. We could resolve the matter by NOT rebooting the phone and flashing the zip again through a manual fastboot flash as outlined further up.
Thanks: @Sneakyghost for xda.
HẬU ĐẶNG - CHUYÊN GIA GIẢI PHÁP DI ĐỘNG
- HOTLINE: 0969.900.339 - 091.56789.71
- GIỜ LÀM VIỆC: 07h30 - 21h30
- Địa chỉ: 66G9+93 Phú Sơn, Chợ Lách District, Ben Tre, Vietnam